Have you ever been to the store and bought multiple pencils, different brands, sizes, trying to find the ‘one’? Well, when Andrew Sanderson couldn’t find his perfect pencil, he designed his own: a minimal mechanical pencil that will last a lifetime.
From the first design now comes the Modern Fuel pencil 2.0 which is now perfected, with a bunch of new features. The mechanical pencil can help you to achieve and create great things because of its design, reliability and dependability to the creator: you. What’s more to love than a custom designed mechanical pencil that will last you forever? Well, here are some of its specifications:
- Machined from one solid piece of metal, resulting in amazing strength and durability. You can choose from titanium, tellerium copper, phosphorous bronze and stainless steel.
- Has a seamless look and is blended by hand to appear as one single piece of metal. Where else can you find this much beauty in a pencil?
- Designed and engineered using the same inspection standards used in aircraft engineering; you know that it will last a lifetime. But if it doesn’t, and your pencil happens to break, you can send it back and get it fixed or be given a new one for free. Simple!
- You can choose which led you’d like to use, between 0.5mm, 0.7mm and 0.9mm.
- Nothing is made of plastic. I think this is the best design feature of all.
I’ve personally never been a huge fan of using pencils, so a mechanical pencil has always been my choice. But after a few months of using one, the plastic would break, it’d stop working or I’d lose it from my bag and it’d smash into pieces. The Modern Fuel Pencil will put my worries at ease, and all of yours, too. It’s minimalist design makes it the perfect addition to any work-space, and the ability to pick bronze: who doesn’t love some rose gold in their life? Plus, the bronze C5100 which is used to make the pencil is typically reserved for high-end watches, so you’ll never find a mechanical pencil like this one out in the wild.
The Modern Fuel Pencil 2.0 is currently on Kickstarter, where you’ll be able to find more information and back the project here: A Minimal Mechanical Pencil that will Last a Lifetime 2.0.? The campaign also comes with a bunch of add-ons, like engraving, a cork case, eraser plug and additional mechanisms to personalise your mechanical pencil either as a gift, or for yourself.?I’m looking forward to getting my hands on one to test, and if you think you need this beauty in your life, go ahead and support the campaign; you won’t regret it. If you’d like to view?Andrew Sanderson’s? projects and learn a little more about the founder, you can visit his website, Modern Fuel Design.?
Links we Love
Tags1.0mm 80gsm 90gsm A5 A7 Admin Ads Bags Ballpoint Black Blue Brush Pen Clairefontaine discount Extra Large Fine Fountain Pen Hard Cover Lamy Leather Leuchtturm1917 Love of Stationery Mechanical Pencil Medium Nib Moleskine Multi-Pack Notebook NoteMaker Papermate Pen Pens Plain Pocket Post-it Red Rhodia ROSSI Ruled Sharpie Soft Cover Sponsor Squared Typo Wood Yellow